Have you used an “industrial” scale rotary evaporator before? If you have, we bet you can relate to a few things:
1. The size of the equipment feels industrial, but the capacity does not. (Whose marketing department decided to call it a “50 liter” system when it can only hold 25?)
2. The time it takes to start up the system is so long that you have to plan it into your workflow.
3. You cautiously hold your breath every time you need to handle that evaporation flask, which you do every run because you need to remove the residue from the flask.
4. The chillers can struggle to keep up, or don’t get cold enough for you to get great recovery rates.
5. They use a huge amount of electricity.
Large-scale rotary evaporators are just scaled-up versions of smaller benchtop rotovaps, with the same problems benchtop rotovaps have plus more due to the scaled up size. Why can’t you have an industrial rotary evaporator without any of these problems?
You can, because now you can have an EcoChyll.
Take me to the Systems
We completely rethought what an industrial rotary evaporator should be, introducing a number of major improvements: